Saturday, November 10, 2007

Military Service 2007

I am currently wasting my time in the mandatory swiss military service in Stans. Basically, I am doing nothing... well, for the military at least. I am working on a certification (3h per day), exercising (1.5h per day), lots of reading (my private and business e-mail in boxes are empty.... what a rare situation), eating and sleeping. The fun will last another week... and then it's back 2 reality.

I just can't understand why Switzerland won't get rid of their army. they are wasting our tax money, have absolutely no assignment, and all the man years that are missed in the industry and public service are horrendous.... unbelievable, how such a farce can still exist in the 21st century. Now, more than ever, I support an organisation called GSoA (http://www.gsoa.ch/), which stands for "Organisation for a Switzerland without an Army". Maybe, just maybe, sometime in the far future ... this dream will become reality.

In the meantime, I am enjoying my weekend off...

No comments: